Old Ukraine

2:15 PM

Yesterday was the first fully nice day we've had for a while.  There's been a lot of rain this summer - in fact, I'm currently sitting in the dark watching a fantastic thunderstorm.  Beautiful!

Anyway, since it was so great, we decided to visit Shevchenkosky Grove.  It's a park here in Lviv that's just full of old Ukrainian-style log cabins from the 1800's.  They are positively darling!  I love the effort that went into making them beautiful.  Many of them had a front porch and beautiful carvings on the pillars.  There was also a huge wooden church - one of the most beautiful and architecturally interesting that I've seen!

I can't get over how great these houses are.  This is one of the things that I was really looking forward to seeing here in Ukraine... and subsequently share with all of you.  The woodwork and textiles here are so intricate and rich.  I'll be looking for ways (soon) to incorporate some of this rich history into my designs.

Here are some of my photos from yesterday.  Raw and unedited.  :)


















You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Followers